My Videos

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Growing Kale for the very first time!

Garden update...

For the very first time... I am growing Kale!  Russian Red Kale is the seed type.  I've come to really enjoy Kale in my green smoothies... and in soups too.

I had to reseed some of my Kale squares as the duckies go to them before I put up my garden fence.
Muscovy Ducklings 5 weeks old

Russian Red Kale sprout

My tomato plants survived the mighty winds of late May and early June and are flowering.  They look really healthy!  Bring on the tomatoes... I want lots of canned sauce!


I have a whole 4x8 bed of various types of pepper plants... from hot to sweet.  They're about 5" tall so far.

And my strawberry plants are producing nicely!  I have 3 boxes of strawberry plants this year.  My bigger box contains plants that are about 3 years old.  My two smaller boxes were planted this year with plants generously provided to me by a neighbor.


And here's my bench that I purchased way back in 2004.  It was looking a little shabby, so I painted it.  Some of the wood will need to be replaced... maybe next year.  I painted it Pacific Pine... the same color as my front door.

Now to get my boys to help me put it in the fenced in garden!

3 comments:

  1. The ducks are getting cuter by the day!
    Ribbit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kale does wonderfully with our cool nights. I bet it will do well for you as well.
    Thanks for your comment and visit!
    Ducks! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

I *LOVE* your comments! Thanks for stopping by!