My Videos

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Carrots for dinner

Carrots for dinner! I put a beef roast in the crock pot for dinner... along with my garden carrots and some potatoes... and garden onions. It was sooo sooo good!But... I'm kind of sad... because my carrots are almost gone. I planted a 4x4 bed full... next year, I'll need at least 1 4x8 bed filled with these yummy carrots! Can you tell that I love carrots?

Oh... I want to try those juicing carrots next year too! I saw some in the territorial seed catalog... sorry, can't remember the name. Will have to look it up.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Toni, it is sad that they all soon are gone...your looks yummie. Surpriced, I found a large carrot yesterday (var. yellow) in a place I didn't plant any, what a joy :-)

    Have a great weekend/ Tyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never much of a fan of carrots----till I grew my own.......they are wonderful! I know I'm going to be planting lots more next year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carrots look really good, Toni. A 4x8 bed full would be alot of carrots! I bought a juicer the other day, and will be interested in the variety you find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to about quadruple or more my carrots -- I think you're right -- they are a garden treat. I like the way they'll hold in the ground a long time, and store well inside, too.

    ReplyDelete

I *LOVE* your comments! Thanks for stopping by!